2021 TOUR DE COLUMBIA STANDINGS
To view 2020 standings, see the archive link on the right-hand side of this page. Note that we’re only tracking participation credit (and no points) for 2021 at this time. This page will be updated when we resume assigning points.
Click the buttons below – races through 04/04/2021.
If you have points questions or updates, please contact Matt McGrievy.
TOUR DE COLUMBIA – RULES
Tour de Columbia was founded in 1998 to encourage participation in local running events. If you would like your race to be added to the Tour de Columbia schedule, please contact the Tour de Columbia Race Director, John Gasque for information. Below are the rules for tour participation:
- In order to be eligible for an award, runners must complete a minimum of eight (8) Tour Events over the course of the season, unless they have managed to place in a category with fewer races.
- There will be three championship categories for males and females – Open (all runners), Masters (ages 40 and over), and Grandmasters (ages 50 and over). Awards will be given to the top 3 in each category.
- Points are awarded in the championship categories based upon finishing order beginning with 10 points to the winner and descending to 1 point for the 10th finisher.
- Age group categories are – 1-10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74 and 75+. Awards will be given to the top three males and females in each category with a minimum of 20 points.
- Age group points are awarded to the first five finishers in the age group with 10 points assigned for 1st, 7 points for 2nd, 5 points for 3rd, 3 points for 4th, and 1 point for 5th. All points earned by the runner in Tour races throughout the season are counted to determine that runner’s standing in the final results. Double points races will be scored 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 for 1st through 10th finishers.
- There will be no duplication of awards. Championship category winners will be removed from the age group standings.
- The points awarded to a runner for finish order in an individual race depends on the runner’s age on the date of the race. The runner will be classified for award purposes based on the runner’s age as of their last race on the Tour schedule. All points earned by a runner during the Tour season will be credited to the runner for final standings.
- A special TDC Race Series award will be made to all runners completing eight (8) races during the Tour de Columbia season, regardless of points earned by that runner in competition.
- Only members in “Good Standing” at the end of the season will be included in the calculation of the awards for overall, age group or race series.